- Represents a diverse student body.
- Promotes necessary change of policy for the student body.
- Provides the means to address student concerns.
- Promotes awareness of campus policies.
- Empowers credible student organizations that respect students’ priorities.
- Builds leaders to help students understand their rights and the power they have to make change.
- Creates a supportive atmosphere on campus.
- Establishes good relationships with the students and administrators of Purdue University Calumet.
The purpose of the Student Government is to serve as the elected representatives of the student body. This will be accomplished by acting as the liaison between the student body and the administration, faculty, and staff; by attending to the needs of the students; and by promoting, in the interest of the University community, a program of service, social activity, and educational projects.