The Purdue University Northwest Aerosolar Engineering Club (PNWAEC) is the premiere club on campus for talented Engineering students. As a club we are focused on harvesting Solar Energy, with the purpose of charging electric car batteries at an unprecedented efficiency. The proposed concept is to use a photovoltaic airship platform to harvest Solar Energy from a high altitude, coupled with a ground docking station to anchor the airship and unload the charged batteries. This club provides many opportunities to its members including:
- Becoming part of the global energy crisis solution
- Participating in the annual Global Space Balloon Challenge which consists of over 568 teams from 68 countries
- Gaining hands on experience through Mechanical and Electrical Engineering work
- Developing a strong peer network of Engineers with Senior and Junior students
- Improving communication and critical thinking skills pivotal to successful teamwork
- Fostering leadership skills as an officer in the club
The PNWAEC accepts students of any level/major from Purdue University Northwest. If you are interested in getting information or becoming a member of the club, please feel free to contact the President, Vice President, or the club Advisor.